This section contains settings for individual page templates.
Settings for custom Page Templates supported by Newsbeat.
- Left column – Display below content, for example Address or Map. Allowed shortcode and html markup.
- Right column – Display below content, for example contact form. Allowed shortcode and html markup.
- Blog Entries heading title – Heading title appears before Main Loop posts, titled
- Main Blog Content Layout – Individual Content/Sidebar Layout setting for blog page.
- Main Blog Posts Layout – Change the way blog posts look.
- Posts thumbnail aspect ratio – Applies to blog post thumbnails. Some blog posts layouts won’t be affected by this option.
- Excerpt output – Change the way post excerpt output, automatically or mannually using
more tagor excerpt field.
- Excerpt length – Number of words of output excerpt, works with automatic excerpt only.
- Ignore Sticky Posts – Ignore Sticky Posts to stay on the top of main blog/archive posts.
- Exclude Categories – Exclude posts from specific categories those you don’t want to show on main blog page.
- Posts Pagination nav – Page navigation design for blog page, numeric numbers or prev/next links.
- Hide Post Format icon – Hide available post format icons those usually show on post thumbnail.
- Post Info. (above Post Title) – Post meta data info – above post title, only available for specific Blog Posts layouts.
- Post Info. (below Post Title) – Post meta data info – below post title, only available for specific Blog Posts layouts.
- Category Tag on Thumbnail? – Show/hide post category tags on post thumbnail.
Available Layouts for Blog Posts:
The difference between classic & classic all is classic all will stay exact the same layout on both desktop and mobile.
Live previews for blog posts layouts:
This section contains settings for single posts.
- Single Content Layout – Individual content/sidebar layout for single posts.
- Post Layout Template – Over 20 looks. Single posts layout template can also be changed by specific categories. See more in Category Settings.
- Top Carousel headlines – Display top posts in last 7 days, order by number of comments, from the same categories.
Available single post layout template:
Top Carousel headlines:
- Single Header – Enable individual header layout for single posts.
- Single Header Layout – Simple header layouts for single posts, required Single Header to be enabled.
- Single Image Logo – Individual Logo for single posts header.
- Singe Image Logo HD (2x) – Double size logo for HiDPI screens.
- Single Logo Dimension – Logo dimension.
- Sticky Share – Sticky share navigation for single posts, only works for specific single post template layout. If sticky nav is enabled, sticky share nav will slide over and be on top.
live preview for sticky share.
Note that single header height is equivalent to Primary/Main Nav so your custom single logo height should be equal to Main Nav’s height.
- Single Post media – If you check this option, media content (such as gallery shortcode, oembed url …) in your post content will be automatically repositioned for specific single post layouts. The theme will get the very first occurrence of media content based on current post format you chose.
- Hide Single Post thumbnail – hide Single post thumbnail for single posts, only works with specific Single Post layouts.
- Post Info. (above Post Title) – Post meta data info – above post title, only available for specific Single Post layouts.
- Post Info. (below Post Title) – Post meta data info – below post title, only available for specific Single Post layouts.
- Gallery Template – The theme will replace native WordPress gallery shortcode with custom designs and features like “View as List” and, this will not apply to Jetpack gallery. Live Preview
- Biggie first letter – A large dropped initial capital letter of the very first paragraph.
- Collapse Post Content – When viewing single post on mobile devices, only show a part of content and Continue Reading button.
- Show end dot – a square dot at the end of the body text indicates that user reached the end of the post.
- Narrow Content – Limit maximum width 720px for paragraphs ( Works great for large screens if you intend to use fullwidth layout for single posts ).
- Unwrap Images – Remove paragraph wrapper for large/full size image in content. Even when Narrow Content is enabled.
- Author Meta – Show/hide author meta section on single post.
- Comment Area – Show/hide comment area for single posts.
- Related posts – Show/hide related posts by post tags|categories after single post content. Required WP Post Blocks installed/activated.
- Read Next – More posts with infinite scroll features, this section uses theme’s post blocks as you’ve seen on Main Blog, also required WP Post Blocks installed/activated.
- Read Next thumbnail aspect ratio – overwrite post thumbnail aspect ratio for Read Nex posts.
- Read Next Excerpt – Show/hide Read next post excerpt.
- Read Next Post count – Number of posts you wish to show for Read Next.
- Read Next Small title – Make Post title small.
- Read Next Nav – Change Read next nav design.
- Post Nav (Above) – Next & Previous post links of current single post, display after header and before content wrapper.
- Post Nav (Below) – Next & Previous post links of current single post, display after post content.
- Blocks Order – Rearranging blocks after single post content.
Check out this tutorial for detailed instructions on Setting up Single Post.
This section contains settings for Archive pages like tag, author, year, month…
- Archive Content Layout – Individual Content sidebar layout for Archive pages.
- Archive Header – Show/hide Header in archive pages, author archive is excluded.
- Page Header text alignment – Archive Header text alignment.
- Archive Posts Layout – Main posts layout for archive pages.
- Posts thumbnail aspect ratio – Change aspect ratio for archive post thumbs.
- Excerpt – Show/hide excerpt.
- Archive Pagination nav – Posts Navigation style.
- Archive Posts per page – Number of posts showing in archive page.
This section contains individual settings for category archive pages.
- Category Header – Show/hide category header.
- Category Header style – Category Header style.
- Category Header text alignment
- Exclude child categories – Check this option if you wish to hide posts from any children of requested category.
- Category Content Layout – Default Content sidebar layout for category pages. Layout For categories can be overwritten individually from category setting pages.
- Category Top Posts – Similarity to Hero Banner for Blog page/Front Page but for Category pages. Some options such as box style, bricks gaps… will be inherited from Main Hero Banner settings.
- Top Posts Layout – Select top posts layout design, can be overwritten individually by each category.
- Featured Tags – Specify post tag(s) you want to feature on Category Top Posts.
- Exlude Top Posts – Exclude Category top posts from Category main posts (main loop).
- Category Posts Layout – Main posts layout for Category pages.
- Posts thumbnail aspect ratio – This option won\’t apply to specific posts layouts.
- Excerpt – Show/hide excerpt for category posts.
Also checkout Setting up Archive pages for more information.